Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Must Read in 2016 September Update

I have enjoyed some awesome books this summer, and my reading has taken me all over the map, as usual. I actually kind of forgot about my Must Read in 2016 list and was picking up titles from all sorts of lists that I make. Thanks to Carrie from There Is a Book for That for keeping me focused on those titles that I absolutely committed to read this year.

At the time of our Spring Update I had completed 40% of my Must Read titles. Since that time I've added the following books:


Not quite as enjoyable as Larson's Devil in the White City, but still an interesting and educational account of the last crossing of the Lusitania. Something a little different for me.

LOVED this book!  I'm a big fan of Jennifer A. Nielsen's.

This book? A real favourite! I highly recommend it.

I enjoyed Wolf Wilder, but was perhaps expecting something a little different. This resulted in a bit of a conflicted opinion. Still, I would recommend it.

This leaves me with five titles remaining on my Must Read in 2016 list.

  


That sounds like it should be easy enough to accomplish; however, once I read the other Must Read lists that are shared, I'm sure that my TBR list is only going to be growing!

10 comments:

  1. I ADORED Wolf Wilder - something about Rundell's writing. I am a big fan. Many of us read and raving about Salt to the Sea. Such a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolf Wilder was one of those books (who am I kidding? This holds true for all books) that I wish I had someone right there to talk with after finishing. Thanks for your opinions, Carrie.

      Delete
  2. I too am a big fan of Jennifer Nielsen. We are hosting her in October. Her new novel, The Scourge, is also excellent. I agree with you that The Wolf Wilder is not what people might expect, especially the last half, but I think that is what makes it stick out in my memory. Good luck with the rest of your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An author visit with Jennifer Nielsen? How exciting, Aaron! I will definitely be reading The Scourge. Thanks for your opinion on Wolf Wilder, and for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I've read those latest books you shared, Julie, and did love Wolf Wilder, A Night Divided and Salt To The Sea very much. All amazing reads. Will add Heart of A Champion to my growing list, new to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I feel as if last year was such a great year for that age group and genre of fiction. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I might have to try A Night Divided, although Jennifer Nielsen can be too violent for me. Salt to the Sea is one of my favorites from this year. I also enjoyed Wolf Wilder and agree with you, sometimes (all the time) I wish I had someone to talk to when I finish a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Night Divided doesn't have the violence that The Ascendance trilogy does. Thanks for stopping by Cheriee.

      Delete
  5. I really need to read one of Nielsen's books! I've heard so many raves on everything she's written. The false Prince is on my Must Read list, hopefully I can start it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The False Prince is the best! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I would love to hear your story!