Friday, September 12, 2014

What's Making Me Happy This Month - September

It's easy to figure out what's making me happy this month.

Back to School!



My inner child is released each September, as I anxiously await the newness, the return to routine, the opportunity to begin again that comes with the start of a new school year. I've never lost the urge to gather and arrange my new school supplies. And luckily, I get to indulge myself every single year.

And, of course, I look forward to seeing how much the students have grown and matured over the summer months. Which ones will run up to me with a hug, asking how my summer was? Who will awkwardly hold back, remembering that they hugged me goodbye in June, but wonder if they are too old for hugs now? What new students will arrive on the first day, needing a friendly face to welcome them to their new school? The squeals of excitement, the constant activity, the looks of wonder and awe, have all been missed these past months.

I remind myself every day how blessed I am to spend my days in a work environment that is full of hope, promise, and laughter.

Back to school is definitely what's making me happy this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story!