Thursday, July 10, 2014

What's Making Me Happy This Month - July

What's making me happy this month? Summer Road Trips!



Last week my baby brother got married in Florida. 2500 kilometres away. Now, we have made the trip many, many times. And given the choice to fly or to drive, hitting the open road will win with me every time.

Mr. Fun's sister has never understood our penchant for road trips. "It takes so much time," she says.

Time.

Exactly.

Time to: view jaw-dropping scenic beauty, strengthen familial or marital bonds, sing, laugh, play games, learn something new, be silent.

I have hailed the virtues of the Family Road Trip before, but this particular adventure featured just Mr. Fun and me. And it did not disappoint. In addition to a lovely wedding and a fantastic little paradise vacation, we made a few side trips - some planned; others not. All in all, a good time was had with lots of lifelong learning opportunities.

Wedding Vows
Florida Beach

Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater


Ohiopyle, PA - a little gem of a place we stumbled upon


Happy 4th of July from Savannah, GA

Georgia Beach Feet

Morning Coffee - It doesn't suck!
Cheers! (Again)
Road trips - definitely what's making me happy in July!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story!