Monday, January 20, 2014

A Great Week of Great Can Lit

Polar Vortex 2.0 (or as we used to call it - winter) is apparently ready to make a return visit. I think I'll head outside to get a bit of fresh air and sunshine before it arrives. After that, I have a great excuse to hunker down with a huge cup of tea and a book.

Like many people, I find myself with a few books on the go at any given time. While enjoying The Orenda this past week, I was also able to get through a number of very enjoyable Forest of Reading selections.

I highly recommend, for your reading pleasure:

Great Adventure!
In fact, check out the trailer for the Seven series. Two other titles from the series are also nominated for this year's Red Maple award - Jump Cut by Ted Staunton, and Between Heaven and Earth by Eric Walters. And best of all - they do not need to be read in any order. What a great concept!

Realistic Fiction written in free verse. So well done!

Historical Fiction - always my fave.

Beautiful Picture Book with a social justice message

It was a great week for great Canadian literature. I have no reason to think that this week will be any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story!